SolarEdge backup interface provides backup power automatically to home loads in the event of grid interruption. And, it is a scalable solution for supporting higher power and higher capacity. If you want to know how to install SolarEdge backup interface, continue to read this post. Here, we have explained SolarEdge backup interface installation instructions and how can you connect to the inverter, AC loads panel and grid.
A Guide on SolarEdge Backup Interface Installation
In the packet, you will get the following things:
Backup interface, conduit holder. mounting bracket, Allen key, accessories bag that contains two mounting bracket screws, bonding (for connecting the neutral & grounding bar) and one conduit holder screw and installation guide.
Buy SolarEdge Inverters at Very Low Cost!
SolarEdge Backup Interface Mounting
Normally, the conduit entries are in the closed position with drill guides. You have to open them by drilling the conduit entries before mounting the backup interface. Now, check the mounting process of the SolarEdge backup interface.
- Initially, you have to determine the backup interface mounting location. It would be on a wall, pole or stud framing. It's recommended to select a location that is protected from direct sunlight.
- You should maintain a minimum of 4 inches clearance between the interface and other objects.
- Position the mounting bracket against the pole or wall and mark the drilling hole locations.
- Now, drill the holes as per marking and mount the bracket. Make sure to verify that the bracket is firmly attached to the mounting surface.
- After that, you need to hand the SolarEdge interface on the bracket.
- Next, insert the two supplied screws through the outer heat sink fin on both sides of the interface and into the bracket. And, tighten the screws.
Conduit Holder Installation
You have to install the conduit holder with the backup interface to firmly secure the grid and AC loads. Remember that you need to complete the conduit holder placement only after mounting the SolarEgde surface. Know how to install conduit holder.
- Place the conduit holder in between the fins of the heat sink and mounting surface.
- First, slide it to the left and then down to hang the holder on the shortfin and the bolt which is affixed to the outer left fin.
- Next, mark locations on the mounting surface for drilling.
- Then, you will need to remove the conduit holder.
- Drills holes where you have marked before.
- Now, install the conduit holder and tighten it to the mounting surface with two screws.
- Tighten the conduit holder to the outer left fin as well with the supplied screw.
Shop SolarEdge HD Wave Inverters Online @ PartsXP.
Backup Interface Interfaces
In this section, you can learn about the SolarEdge backup interface to operate & connect to other system components.
Inverter AC inputs - AC cables from up to three inverters.
Generator AC input - An AC cable from one external generator.
Loads AC output - AC cable to the loads panel.
Grid AC input - An AC cable from the grid.
Communication input - Communication cables from inverters and external rapid shutdown switch.
LEDs - Three LEDs indicate the system performance.
ON/ OFF switch - When this switch is ON, enables an automatic transition to backup mode. If it is OFF, enables manual control of the backup interface.
Connecting Backup Interface to the Grid & AC Loads Panel
Use the 4-4/0 AWG cable types for connecting the interface to the loads panel and grid.
- Loosen the Allen screws of solaredge interface cover and remove the cover.
- Next, you have to install a conduit of the required diameter into the loads/ grid conduit entry. For supporting the conduit, you can use the conduit holder.
- After that, remove the plastic covers from loads terminals.
- Connect the neutral and grounding bars with the bonding based on the requirement. And, tighten the bonding screws.
- Keep the cable from the AC loads panel/ grid through the conduit.
- Next, you will need to attach the neutral and ground wires to their respective terminals.
- Connect L1 and L2 wires from the grid/ AC loads panel to the grid/ loads line terminal and tighten the screws.
- Reinsert the removed plastic covers onto the loads terminals.
Premium Quality SolarEdge Products - Order Today!
Connecting SolarEdge Backup Interface to the Inverter
To connect to the communication cable and 12V cable,
- Place a conduit of the required diameter into the com 1 conduit entry.
- Next, connect the required cables to the inverter's connection unit.
- After that, you have to connect the cables to the solaregde backup interface.
Connecting Backup Interface to an External Rapid Shutdown Switch
You should install an external shutdown switch as it shuts down the backup interface in emergency conditions.
- Insert the cable from the shutdown switch through the com 2 conduit.
- Remove the two-pin connector which is labeled as EXT RSD. Also, remove the short circuit jumper from the 2-pin connector.
- After that, connect that cable to the 2-pin connector as per instructions given in the manual.
- Place the 2-pin connector back into its EXT RSD port.
- Reinstall interface cover by tightening with screws.
Once you have installed SolarEdge backup interface, you need to configure it using the SetApp mobile application. You can check the instructions for configuration in the product manual. If you have any queries regarding SolarEdge backup interface installation, refer to the manual or consult a professional.